The National Federation for Just Communities proudly works across the country to:
- Provide mutual support and assistance between and among all members.
- Practice information sharing, particularly best practices.
- Practice consensus building among the members regarding social and political issues of local and national significance.
- Show collegial respect for all members.
- Encourage and support local creativity and innovation.
- Support local community building efforts.
- Support our members’ work on local social justice issues that match our mission.
- Help. build our members’ mission-driven programming.
- Practice zero tolerance for all forms of prejudice and discrimination.
The NFJC Advantage
- Membership in a national organization dedicated to social justice
- Inclusive governance structure – one member/one vote
- Affordable and equitable annual membership fee
- Connectivity to colleagues across the country for networking
- Participation in the NFJC Annual Conference
- Professional Development and Mentoring Programs for executives and staff
- Opportunity to raise awareness and expand the reach and scope of our work through national exposure and recognition via the NFJC website
- Opportunities for joint fundraising as they arise
- Independence to focus on issues relevant to your geographic region
- Access to web-based clearinghouse service for program sharing
- Regularly scheduled conference calls and opportunities to discuss perspectives on issues, and to share best and promising practices
- Member representation from large metropolitan and geographic areas to mid-sized cities and small communities provides a breadth of experience and relevancy and a national view of social justice work
- Potential for national presence through marketing and co-branding beyond your regional borders